[Guest Post] Leah Loverich: Personal and Best Outfit

Leah Loverich Leah Loverich
Hello lovely followers and viewers of The Deco Dame, my name is Leah Loverich and you can most often find me blogging over at leahloverich.blogspot.co.uk, or posting to Instagram.com/leahloverich, however today I am delighted to say that I will be publishing to The Deco Dame, and this is my first ever guest post for a fellow blogger. I am extremely honoured that Courtney has allowed me to share a little something on her blog, and I do hope you enjoy my piece

Courtney and I both share a love for vintage fashion and style so what perfect way for us to collaborate than to both create posts for one another on our most favourite vintage ensembles. And so, here I have for you a post on an outfit (though more directly on a certain dress) of mine that I feel has strongly influenced a slight and continuous change in my personal style, though a simple outfit I will share the pieces with in it and details of when, how and why I come to own these pieces and why I feel they are having such an impact on my personal style. Courtneys beautiful guest post for me can be found 'here'. 

Leah Loverich
Leah Loverich
The outfit  in question is pictured above to the left (the Queens Mother to the right was inspiration), it was worn on a visit to a beautiful and historical estate only a mere 10 minute drive from my house, a place which I also spent a great deal of my childhood exploring and which has influenced my love of the Historic and the lavish, Blickling House and Estate. The visit was to explore the house and wonderful English gardens (hence the terrible faux fur trim booties, but I will get to that in a little bit!). The outfit itself simply consists of a 1930s wedding dress, a 1930s wax flower crown (worn as a necklace), a 1940s bamboo basket, and oddly 1940s style fur trim Gaytee booties, I felt that with wearing a wedding dress on average day, I had to sort or casual the rest of myself down a little (though secretly I wanted to wear the veil as a shawl, the crown upon my head and a basket of flowers!).
Leah Loverich
Leah Loverich
Leah Loverich
This 1930s wedding dress was purchased early February from a favourite Auction house of mine, I happily travel all over England for Actions but this little place is a true love of mine. Along with the dress came the 1930s wax flower crown and a little bronze sequin Art Deco bag. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I was instantly drawn to it because upon first seeing it I instantly thought of Louis Icart and the dresses within his work where are always so delicate, sheer and flowing (such as shown below)...
Leah Loverich
Leah Loverich
Finally I have my fur trim booties (know as Gaytees in the 1940s, and purchased from Miss L Fire), one could say they ruined my rather simple and delicate outfit though I did wear them for a purpose; the English summer time is so unpredictable and with it having rained the day before I was expecting the grounds of Blickling to be rather soggy. Though the boots were of perfect height for the dress and were only ever seen when a whoosh of wind hit my dress! 

Thank you for viewing/reading!

Leah Loverich
xx

Tumblr   •   Instagram   •   Facebook  •  Shop - clothing  •  Shop - lingerie



Comments

  1. Ohhh Leah these photos are enchanting! What a beautiful place to visit!
    I'm very pleased to have discovered this great new blog to read too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love for Leah. I am glad you featured her! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts